Sunday, September 7, 2008

Couple a Races, No Race, Chili

Oh man I was so excited to give a go at the Half-Iron and call it a Tri season. But Hanna had her way and the Narragansett emergency personal lost their nerves and said they couldn't provide enough support. Yeah they said this on Friday....Friday. After a smidge of rain last night it was a beautiful day today. But alas the race got rescheduled. Man that sucked.
I'm debating whether or not to do race it in two weeks. I'm pretty ready to put the goggles away for awhile. But I do really want to do a Half. But there are other races that I want to do. (Cyclocross, Crew, Duathlons, Half and Full marathons)
The kicker is that Kim Webster was trying to get me to do the Pumpkinman Half because of prize money. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have been in the running for the cash, but at least I would have raced today.

I signed up for Hyannis 2, but wasn't going to race it. Friday evening I had half a mind to rush down and race on Saturday morning. And I'm glad I didn't. Rich Havens had to cancel that race too, at the last minute. Which is kind of blessing in disguise for me: I get a free pass for a Time Out Productions race next year.

My conselation prize to no race this weekend was a beaufitul ride today. Again I can't believe how steep (and long) it is heading out of Williamsville up into West Dover. From Dover I went up 100 to 30 and into Londonderry, then down 103 to 121 and through Windham back to 30 through Newfane to Indian Love Call. Except for 30 North from Jamaica to Rawsonville there was very little traffic today. Even when I was on 30 south from Townshend. It was a nice change.

No comments: