Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The First 100

It actually felt pretty good to get back in the pool tonight. I don't have much of a swimming history so I'm pretty surprised to find my self writing that. But I'm noticeably getting more comfortable swimming progressively long distances. Last September cranking a monstrous 200 was a tall order. Now I can comfortably do 500 repeats. Not that that's too much to brag about.

But, what really felt good was getting in and floating through the first 100-200 meters; That good timing, the quick solid flips, grabbing hold of the water, not yet focusing on technique. After the first 100 I must acclimate to the sensation and the mechanics of being in the water and then the laps become a little more routine. But those first few sure are the freshest

No comments: